About Books Before Bedtime
TIPS FOR MUMS: Making the most of your 'me' time
The Kleenex Mums survey results showed that finding time for ourselves is a major stress for many mums. When we finally get our hands on some 'me' time, we feel the pressure to use it wisely. Here are five tips on how to make the most of your 'me' time. So go on, enjoy it...
- 1. Savour the moment. Steal just 15 minutes for yourself in your chaotic day, and recharge your batteries. Step away from the laundry, take a moment away from picking up the toys and head outside. Breathe in some fresh air, and sip on a cup of tea. Enjoy the peace and quiet, and savour the moment, and your ‘me’ time.
- 2. Do something active. Schedule in some exercise. A little bit of exercise each day (or every second day) is good for the soul and amazing for your health.
- 3. Do something enjoyable. Fill a small part of your day doing something you enjoy. Listen to your favourite song, drink your favourite drink, or read a magazine. Whatever it is that you enjoy, make sure you schedule it into your day.
- 4. Do something challenging. Set small goals for yourself and conquer them. Whether it be finishing a crossword, or learning something new, the sense of achievement you feel from challenging yourself will give you quite the buzz.
- 5. Pamper yourself. Give yourself a quick manicure, a facial mask, blowdry your hair or soak in a big bubble bath. Pamper yourself at least once a week.
- This is an excerpt from the free Mum’s the Word e-book. Kleenex Mums is Australia’s biggest community of mums, and dedicated to sharing information regarding about family life, home, school, recipes and kids health. Jump online and share the collective wisdom of being a mum at www.kleenexmums.com.au
"Children generally find comfort and security in bedtime rituals. A consistent good routine is the key to a good night’s sleep."
South Australian Children, Youth and Women's Health Service (CYWHS)